Saturday, July 18, 2009

here I am, the only living girl in new york...

New York City Times Square
Click on the photos to see the author of these beautiful photos. TIME SQUARE OMG!

OMG! I just looked at google maps and it will only take 8 (count 'em EIGHT!) hours to drive from Guelph to New York City! ROAD TRIP!

Note: I do understand that I haven't left Yukon yet, not even taken our summer road trip and am already thinking of another one. There are no help groups for this, I checked. You'll just have to live with it.

Winter at Wollman Rink, Central Park
Wollman Rink! Gotta go here, except that I can't skate. Well I can, for 5 minutes and then my feet are killing me worse than a pair of 6 inch heels.

NYC - Greenwich Village: The Famous Ray's Pizza of Greenwich Village
Eat pizza in Greenwich Village!


Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center
Rockefeller Center and ice skating!


Statue of Liberty 2009
Give respects to the Lady


Brooklyn Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge!


Manhattan skyline
Manhattan!

Disney's Manhattan
Bridge in Central Park- Autumn in New York!

Okay, I have to stop now. These are just a few of the places I want to see in New York City.

I hear that Autumn is the best time to visit New York for its beauty. What do you New Yorkers think??

Next places up for review as future holiday spots:
  • Maine--anywhere in Maine.
  • Boston, MA
  • Nashua, NH (paternal family is from here originally after coming over on the boat)
  • Hyannis Port
  • Elizabethtown
  • Savannah, GA
  • New Orleans, LA
  • Austin, TX


4 comments:

  1. Umm obviously this is a post that is right up my alley!!! There are soo many great things about this city, and I definitely agree that Autumn is the ABSOLUTE best time to come to NY. I would suggest you come around the first Sunday in Nov because youll be here for the NY Marathon and it's just the most amazing day.
    Obviously I have a TON of NY suggestions, one of them being you have to say HI to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ohlivin you HAVE to tell me all the great spots to visit! Especially the cute little restaurants etc. I want to visit any districts that are italian or greek because I know there are a few of them kickin' around.

    Autumn it is then! And you are running in the NY Marathon, n'est pas? I will come cheer you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not running it, but we can go together and cheer other people on, randomly it is literally the most fun thing on Earth to do. And I'm sure I can get Minn Twin and DP to come along. . .better leave RB at home ;)

    ReplyDelete