Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Confessions


I have a confession to make. The only reason I am awake at this ungodly hour of 5am is due to my inability to sleep.

My inability to sleep is due to nightmarish dreams involving Jack Bauer and Tony Almada, lead characters of the show 24. RB and I have been watching quite a bit to catch up. We started in August watching the first season and have now finished season 5 which is a feat as there are 24 1-hour episodes per season. We typically watch 2-3 per day when avidly viewing.

The funny thing is, we finished season 5 almost 2 weeks ago now and now visions of Keifer Sutherland are dancing in my head? Except instead of wonderful Christmasy thoughts, it's filled with me being held hostage by one terrorist on the 9th floor of a glassy office tower. The terrorist hands me the gun and asks me if I want to use it. One gun goes off from Jack Bauer and I make a run for it at the emergency exit (the stairs) and start running. The terrorist finds me and I attempt to shoot him but he handed me an empty gun so of course I'm hooped.

Anyway...I have vivid dreams that I often remember. Maybe I should start watching more sleep friendly shows like Say yes to the dress and How I met your mother. I'd rather dream of flirting with Barney Stinson anyway...

Have any of you ever had vivid dreams from television shows where you're being chased by terrorists? ha!

Happy December 1st everyone! Time to turn up the Christmas tunes.

P.S. I need a recipe for a really good pecan pie. It's not a staple here in Canada but Paula Deen has invaded my recipe box.

Love, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. 24 is the best show ever, ever, EVER. I am on season 3 after my fiance, who has been a fan since the beginning, was shocked that I had not seen them all. So, I am trying to catch up - but it is intense. There have been nights when I have watched it alone and then as soon as I turn off the lights to go to sleep, I get all freaked out. Hahahaha - it is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jociegal I know right? It has just enough action, cute guys and romance to entertain a couple.

    Season 3 is a great one! Don't you looove David Palmer? We joke around whenever he says something significant we add "And that's All State's Stand". Try it, you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pecan Pie: OMG! I made Pioneer Woman's pecan pie recipe for Thanksgiving and it was quite possibly the best pie I've ever made. The only change I made to her recipe was using half light corn syrup and half dark corn syrup (a Martha Stewart tip).

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/11/pecan-pie/

    As far as nightmares, I used to have similar ones in the months leading up to my wedding (being chased by bad guys and having nothing to protect myself). I think a dream analyses said it had something to do with not being in control of things (I'm a bit of a control freak).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dillypoo Thank-you! I will definitely be making that pie for christmas!

    Also, that makes sense. I am a complete control freak and a planner so it makes sense I have those kind of dreams and often. I have also had bad dreams about my wedding..forgetting things, things going wrong. Horrible!

    ReplyDelete