Monday, September 14, 2009

It's the hap-happiest time of the year?

Hello again from the hallowed halls of learning. It's me, Dawn. I know I haven't been around in awhile and/or written a decent post but I've been getting my bearings slowly but surely after this trek across the country. What this really means is unpacking, resting/sleeping, hanging out with RB and getting my feet wet again in proverbial academic pool.

The most interesting thing to date is my untimely cravings for peanut butter. Ever get those? Here I'll show you:

Down the hatch!

Yeah. That's me spooning peanut butter into my mouth. Originally I had brought it to eat with my oh so delish gala apples but found that the apple was overpowering the awesomeness of the peanut butter and thusly I ate the rest of my apple and spoon fed myself the rest of the few tablespoons of peanut butter. Mm. Peanuty goodness. It's a sin or at least it should be. The only thing that makes peanut butter better is chocolate with peanut butter.

I've been attempting to be more health conscious lately. What this really means is that I've been reading labels like a good girl. This doesn't mean I won't actually eat the 540 calorie 45 grams of fat Big Mac, it just means I'm consciously doing it! Erm, yay?

Now I need to consciously not eat it but that's next week's post.

I made RB a big batch of peanut butter (noticing a trend here?) sandwhich cookies which I would have posted if they had in fact turned out like the book said they would. Ever have that happen? Cookie recipe yields 6 dozen and you get only 2? And I don't understand! They said place generous tablespoon-fulls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet! I think maybe I'm just a more generous baker than the author. Not a bad thing! And RB actually loved them. Tonight I'm making New York Cheesecake Brownies. Wish me luck. I may come out of here with only half a 9 inch baking dish of brownies. Not a bad thing for the waistline!

I have a doctor's appt tonight to go over a food and nutrition/weight loss plan. Is bringing her a peanut butter cookie in bad taste?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment