Thursday, August 20, 2009

Inspiration


A few ideas that RB and I have been dabbling with. It's far off, we both know, but we are pretty excited about the planning process. And I'm also a planner so I need to plan to keep me happy. Throughout my planning process I will save photos of ideas and create my inspiration quads so you can see where we're going with things. Here is one above. We both love love love the idea of a cupcake-cake rather than the traditional multi-tiered. We don't want to pay a cake cutting fee and feel that cupcakes represent the two of us more. They are sweet, can look amazing and taste oh-so-yummy. In addition more and more bakeries are specializing in making them. These two photos reflect the colour scheme we're moving toward: greens, browns, blues, and yellows with creams and ivory accents. However, rather than bright colours I'd like to mute them a bit...sage, buttercream, nutmegs, and robin's egg blue.

The bouquet pictured is kind of what I'll go for I think. I'll be wearing a tartan sash of my Clan's and as tartan's (even the best of them) are busy, I don't want to clutter myself with more colour kaleidoscopes over and above it. I think creams and whites and ivories will do best. I'm also leaning more toward a looser, more wild no-so-put-together style of bouquet. Basically not too put-together or formal in arrangement.

Finally for table centerpieces, RB and I both love the concept of tall clear vases with branches and greenery with tea-light candles hanging off. We want a lot of light and for the evening, in particular, plenty of candlelight.

After a tour last Friday, we have both agreed Whonnock Lake Centre is "the" place for our wedding.

As you can see from these photos of the venue, it is gorgeous and very woodsy--just how we Canadians like it! Very timberhome-esque and we want to play on that, not take away from it.

So what do you think?!

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have soooo much fun planning your wedding! I enjoyed planning mine (just had the wrong groom...lol). I think your cupcake idea is fabulous! I've baked a few wedding cakes before, mostly for friends, but I had one girlfriend who didn't really like cake so we did cookies! Here's a link to a photo: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/dillypoo_pix/take%20the%20cake/weddingheartcookies.jpg
    We dipped a lot of strawberries, too. They were dipped with white and dark chocolate to look like tuxedos and white dresses. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the venue. It's exactly what I was envisioning when I said rustic chic. I'm soo exicted and BTW I j'adore the dress and the thought of a tartan sash is soo amazing, like Charlotte in Sex and the City! It's gonna be amazing and you're gonna be beautiful.
    I'm soo happy for you!
    xoxo
    Hope youre having fun on your vacay.

    ReplyDelete