Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dum Dum, Dum Dum....

I am still in complete shock as I did not see any of this coming. RB totally got me and he is so proud of himself.

You see, yesterday it was my mum's 50th birthday and I had arranged for an outdoor professional photo session for the family as part of her present. My mum's big on the family photos and I thought on a beautiful 29 degree day it would be perfect.

We did a series of shots at a local park in my hometown in the early morning yesterday. I had arranged with the photographer to do "couple" photos along with the group ones--my mum and dad, my sister and her husband and myself and RB. When it came to myself and RB the photographer did a few photos of us and then asked RB to get on his knee for a photo. I laughed because him on his knee looked like he was proposing and I said "You know what that looks like". He laughs and the photographer says "Okay now look at each other". Rob looks up at me on his knee and says "Dawn, I love you so much, will you marry me?".

Did I smile? Did I laugh and shout yes? No. I took my right hand and pushed his face away and covered his mouth because I thought he was kidding and I was embarrassed and mad that he was joking about such a thing. I said "Don't joke about those things! That's not nice or funny!" and with a serious face he says "I'm not joking", and then finally I see the ring that was in his hand the whole time and my mouth drops, followed by a distinct Stacey London-esque "Shut up!" and "nooo" (as in no way!) and you hear my dad in the background saying "wrong answer!" and then I said "I mean yes, yes!" and then hugs, kisses etc etc.


Oh, so pretty! RB did it all on his own and apparently has had the ring for five months. He was waiting for my parents to come down to BC for holidays so he could ask them officially in person. My mum got me a wedding planning book with a built in file folder system for everything. It's awesome. RB's like a kid in a candy shop right now and can't stop talking about us getting married. Love him!

2 comments:

  1. How impossibly, wonderfully romantic! I love that your father said, "Wrong answer!" and that everyone including the photographer was in on the secret. Congratulations and I look forward to following the wedding planning on your blog.

    Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG That is so exciting.....oh what wonderful news!!!! Isn't it just the best time ever?? I loved being engaged - oh it is just a wonderful exciting romantic stressful amazing time. Enjoy!!!! And I cannot wait to be on this exciting road ahead, planning a wedding!!!! Now that is fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete