Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Travels

Once again, this summer Rob and I are heading across the US on a trip to Ontario for one more year of my schooling (keep fingers crossed!), and we're pretty excited. There is something about the US that intrigues me and keeps me coming back. Each state has its own charm, its own beauty and mystery that captivates you even if you're simply 'driving through'.

In last years episode, we drove from Vancouver to Edmonton and then Edmonton down into Montana. The furthest south we hit was Jackson, Wyoming simply because I wanted to say I've been to Jackson Hole! The highlight of this trip was certainly Yellowstone National Park See image below.


Yellowstone Lake

En route Ontario we pretty much stuck to the northern states, that bordered Canada such as North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. We even took the high road and went north from Wisconsin and took the northern peninsula of Michigan and crossed into Canada at Port Huron.

This year, however, will be different. The first part of our journey will remain the same. We will head north up to Edmonton (where my BFF and her husband and kiddies live) for a few days. After this we'll head straight south through southern Alberta and into Montana. Our first stop will be Butte, Montana. Instead of heading southeast then and onto Yellowstone, we will continue our journey south into Idaho, and Utah. We will then head east from there into Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and then up into Michigan and cross into Canada via Detroit.

I for one am looking forward to our trip to Colorado. It has been a dream of mine to visit. Everytime I dream of Colorado I can hear John Denver singing Rocky Mountain High. Well you don't need to dream folks, just click below to hear! BONUS: Listen to a live version of Steve Earle's Colorado Girl as performed on David Letterman only a few weeks ago!





MusicPlaylistRingtones
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment